Invisalign® or Invisible Braces is an orthodontic device which straightens your teeth without experiencing the embarrassment and pain of traditional metal braces. It is usually made of clear plastic molds, is removable, and allows you to keep your teeth healthy and well-maintained. Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign allows you to eat whatever you want. You’ll be able to achieve the smile of your dreams without suffering from the tightness of metal braces.
Here are the advantages of Invisalign over the traditional metal braces:
- They are transparent and unnoticeable
- They are comfortable to wear
- Corrects orthodontic problems like bite problems (crossbite, underbite and overbite), crowding and spacing, and malocclusion issues.
- Allows you to eat whatever you want
- Allows you the flexibility to remove the appliance whenever you want
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle for your teeth through brushing and flossing
- You’ll never have to visit your dentist every week for an adjustment
The procedure begins with impressions of your teeth, which your orthodontist will use as a basis from which to create your set of Invisalign® aligners. Once this is done, the aligners will be affixed on your teeth. Your orthodontist will instruct you to wear your sets of aligners for two weeks which is accompanied by another visit to ensure your every concern is addressed.
If you are interested in this treatment option, you can call us today at (831) 359-4433, or your can set up an appointment online.